Tuesday, April 14, 2009

walk the dogs series

I have been working on an ongoing series called "walk the dogs" all winter. Most of it I shoot with film which I love getting back to. For my own personal work I like the surprise factor of picking up my film at the photo lab and the "happy" accidents like light leaks and composition shifts. On these walks I photograph both dogs and other surroundings in my neighborhood. When I have my dogs and a camera with me I go places I normally would not explore, like the broken down playground behind an abandoned church, a cloister house filled with old statues, an abandoned factory, and of course places in the Wissahickon I visit everyday. The dogs give me both the feeling of safety and adventure.
















I love how red his lips are here. It was February and he does not care how cold the water is.







No comments: