Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My dog Blue- R.I.P

I had to put my dog Blue down to sleep last week. It was the saddest day we have experienced in a long time for my husband and I. Blue was part of the family. If you knew Blue he was a comical dog, sort of like a clown. His bully face had so many funny expressions that he became a big photo subject for me in his years with us. After sorting though my old hard drives and finding these photos I realized today what a great life he had with us and was very lucky to be taken on so many doggie vacations. We were lucky to know him too. Blue taught me not to be too serious, that laughter and joy are the best remedy for anything.
( warning: If you are a big dog lover be prepared to cry before watching this slide show- my tribute to Blue.)

2 comments:

Joy Moody Photography said...

Wonderful tribute Heather! I was so sad to hear this news. I know what you guys are going through. Blue was a good dog, I am glad you have so many happy memories.

Sammy pants said...

Wow. You were right about the tears. He was a good boy and you are right, you guys gave him an awesome life. I'm so sorry that you had to make the decision to let him go. My heart goes out to you both. Please give Shawn a big hug for me.