Thursday, July 17, 2008

photo shoot for a cherished mom

Wow I have been busy with shoots this summer! Rebecca called me after I shot her wedding in May to ask if I would do a portrait for her mom. Her mother has fully recovered from heart surgery a while back, so Rebecca and her siblings thought it would be nice to get a portrait taken for her as a surprise. We walked around Longwood gardens and talked about their memories of going there as children. This was a really nice gift to their mother who looks great!

















After Rebecca saw this post she wrote this to me below. It's such a great story about her mother's recovery.

"Heather, Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was so fast! You must have been working very hard all week. These pictures, just like all of the images you take, look amazing!
Thank you so much for coming to Longwood Gardens to meet us. After you left, my mother told us how happy she was with the surprise and expressed how special it was to her to be in Longwood Gardens.
I know she will love these pictures. I certainly do, as the whole idea of getting pictures of her was even a bit selfish from the beginning. When my mother was in the hospital for so long I spent hours putting together a webpage with photos of her that we shared with family and friends nationwide. It was therapeutic for me. I found that we had so many pictures from when she was younger and we were children, but I couldn’t seem to find as many of her later in life. After her transplant surgery, I made it a point to always try to take more pictures of her and family so that we will have them forever. And I think I always knew that I wanted to do something more special, but never knew exactly what until I saw your work and was inspired by it.
I always wanted beautiful wedding pictures, and when Shaun and I found you we got more than we expected. But now I have the other pictures that I’ve always wanted. I may even be a little partial to these. My mother is a such a beautiful, caring and inspiring person. Watching her go through a massive heart attack, surgery after surgery, artificial heart pump, and later receive a transplant, we had plenty of moments when we weren’t sure if there would be any more pictures of her smiling like she did in these photos. And you captured her perfectly, both her sweetness and her playfulness.

I can’t wait to order prints!

Rebecca

PS – This is one of the first pictures I was able to take of my mom after her heart attack. Just look just how far she’s come. You would never know this is that gorgeous woman in front of the bed of purple flowers, would you? Needless to say, I like the batch that you took MUCH more."

No comments: